Here’s the list and map of all famous doabs of the Punjab province of Pakistan, including which districts are present in them, and the points where five rivers meet in Punjab.
What is a Doab?
- The word Doab means “two rivers.”
- So, the area between two rivers is called a doab.
List of All Famous Doabs of Punjab, Pakistan
There are 4 main/ famous doabs in Pakistan. All of them are location in Upper Indus Plain in the Punjab province of Pakistan.
- Sindh Sagar Doab
- Chaj/ Jach Doab
- Rachna Doab
- Bari Doab
Here’s more information about them:
Sindh Sagar Doab
- Area between River Jhelum and River Indus is called Sindh Sagar Doab
- Districts in Sindh Sagar Doab: Khushab, Mianwali, Leiah and Muzaffargarh
Chaj/ Jach Doab
- Area between River Chenab and River Jhelum is called Chaj/ Jach Doab
- Districts in Chaj/ Jach Doab: Gujrat, Sargodha, Mandi Bahauddin and north western part of Jhang
- Area between River Ravi and River Chenab is called Rechna Doab
- Districts in Rechna Doab: Sialkot, Narowal, Gujranwala, Hafizabad, Jhang, Faisalabad and Toba-Tek-Singh
- The area that lies between old course of River Beas and River Ravi is called Bari Doab
- Districts in Bari Doab: Lahore, Kasur, Okara, Shaiwal, Pakpattan, Vehari, Multan, Khanewal and Lodhran
Where Do Five Rivers Meet in Punjab?
- River Jhelum joins/ meets Chenab at Atharhazairi
- River Ravi joins/ meets Chenab at Ahmed pur Sial
- Sutlej River joins/ meets Chenab at Uch and forms the Panjnad River
- River Panjnad joins/ meets Indus River at Mithankot
Britannica, AIOU Geography
Follow us on our social media channels so as to keep reading interesting content from us!